Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One Week Later

Today is 1 week since my first treatment. I went back to the doctor to get my blood counts tested. All my counts were where they needed to be-thank goodness!! I have felt pretty good-just learning to deal with all the fatigue. It is so strange to me not to be able to go from sun up to sun down like I am use to doing. Just the two doctors appointments I had this morning wore me out for the day-I did go to the office for a couple of hours, but by late afternoon I was done! Everyone (medically speaking) was very pleased with how I am doing so far. I keep hearing "You look so good" it makes me wonder just how bad it could be and what others do look like. I know what others look like-when I went to get my labs drawn today I get that done in the same room I get my chemo because I have a port. I am guessing that it takes special port training to draw blood from it-so the chemo nurses do my labs. Anyway, the room was full today with so many people getting treatments. I saw people that look like I do-a little tired but otherwise look pretty healthy and then I also saw a couple of people that were small, frail, more than a little tired looking, weak, basically they looked sick. That is very hard to see, for several reasons. It is a reminder of what is going on, there is guilt for how it is as of right now (not that bad), and fear of what it could be like. So the lesson learned from this morning labs is pick your treatment times carefully and thank God everyday for the blessings He has given you and the plans He has for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment