Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Missed My Calling

I have said many times that I missed my calling. I love alot of different things that could have led me to different professions, I love blood and guts (as long as they don't belong to me), so I have often said I should have gone into the medical profession. Well today while I was at the local hospital getting another round of tests done, I tried out the medical transportation profession. At this hospital they have "transport" people that come and take you to where ever you need to go, I call them hand holders mainly because I don't do wheel chairs so basically these guys just walk me to where ever. For some unknown reason they let me take myself to the different departments and I even gave directions along the way. And just so we are all clear, medical transportation is not "my calling". It was a little boring and not really in the middle of the action like I like to be. With all that being said the tests went fine today and should have the results in a couple of days or so. I meet with the oncologist tomorrow and set a treatment start date. I hope this port site gets to feeling a little better before we go sticking needles in it. After laying on a couple of steel tables today for long periods of time, I could use a break in the action, if it is only for a few days. I need to actually go and work on my true calling, I haven't seen my office in the daylight in a week. I can do most of my stuff from home, which I have been doing, but still it would be nice to have a normal day-sitting at my desk and talking to my realtor buddies (in person-not on the phone).

1 comment:

  1. Leigh you crack me up! Even with everything you are going through, you still have your sense of humor. Which no one loves your sense of humor as much as I do...Hope your port feels better soon. I know it is uncomfortable.
    Much Love
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete