Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The First 24-or so

Well it has been about 28 hours since the end of my first chemo treatment. I have to say it has not been what I was expecting. I expected to leave the hospital feeling like crap and not feeling better for a couple of days. But luckily for me, I left with just a headache that I still haven't gotten rid of, but that is about it. I have had moments of not feeling great but I think it is because I can't seem to shake the headache. I got out and went to walmart with a friend this afternoon, it was good to see the sunshine. I think my biggest worry is that I know I am suppose to get sick or at least feel like I am going to get sick, but I haven't. I just wonder when and if I will get sick-it is just an uneasy feeling. Trust me I am totally ok with not ever getting sick!!! The plan for tomorrow (depending on how I feel when I wake up) is to go to the doctors office and get my shot of Nulasta-a drug designed to build up my blood counts. Then hopefully to the office for a while again always depending on how well I'm feeling. I have to start getting ready for the big state softball tournament in Cabot this weekend. This is the big STARS goal weekend-we want to walk out of there with the big hardware!! Not much news today, and that's a good thing. Will talk to you tomorrow and let you know how life is!!!

4 comments:

  1. I know of several people on chemo and they never get sick. So hopefully sounds like you will be one of those people also. It was wonderful to see you were out and about yesterday. Hope all goes well with your Dr. Thursday.
    Love ya much
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good news! GO STARS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope the non-sickness continues! The waiting must be disconcerting though. Thanks for writing so we can hear how you're doing without driving you nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditto Becca. Thanks so much for sharing and allowing us a way to know you're you're doing and just sharing a bit of your journey.

    ReplyDelete