Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1 Down 15 To Go

Now if that title doesn't just lift your spirits, I don't know what will. For those of you that don't know me as well, I am just kidding. Yes there is a positive, I have one treatment behind me. And yes the negative is I have 15 more to go. (And that part stinks!!!!) Its about 9:45pm after my treatment that started at 2:45pm or so. Right now I have a huge headache that Tylenol won't even touch and my stomach has been a little upset but nothing major--yet. I hope not at all but we will just have to roll with the flow. They gave me several medicines in my IV before the chemo to try to prevent nausea-I can home feeling very "drug drunk", I staggered across the hospital parking lot like instead of chemo they had just shot straight liquor into that IV. Oh well that beat throwing up my toe nails across the parking lot. My husband has been home with me and will be tomorrow as well. He fixed me some dinner-plain chicken and he even ran the dishwasher (his halo may be pinching just a little). In all seriousness he has really taken great care of me and I love him more each day for his willingness to do so.
I did learn today that it may not actually take the 21 days for my hair to go, thank goodness my mom went by and ordered my wig for me today. I should have it in a week or so.
I thought I would post this tonight while I was feeling pretty descent, in case the morning was different. Just keep praying and hoping that I will not get too sick-I make a horrible patient!!

5 comments:

  1. My mom just went ahead and shaved her head. Hope you are still feeling OK in the morning. I am still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be wonderful to see the title "15 down and 1 to go."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you today!
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are my mind constantly! Praying everyday!
    I'm like debbiest - "15 down and 1 to go"!!!
    Donna R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will totally shave my head with you if you want me to!!!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete