Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long Gone

Well I finally did it. I actually had to shave my head this morning. I knew it was coming, it had started to slowly fall out and then over the last couple of days it was more and more noticeable. I had already decided that when the first large clump fell the clippers would come out. So when I got out of the shower this morning and realized that there was no way a brush was going to go through that mess without tearing it all out, I cut off the long part and shaved the rest. I thought it would be much worse than it was, I had cried continually for the last couple of days, scared to death of being bald. But when it actually came time to do it, it wasn't that bad. My head is not misshapen, the wig looks as good as a wig can look I guess and it wasn't the end of the world!! Over the last couple of days, there have been a few things that have happened, that reminded me all this is worth it. Living life is worth losing your hair for a few months, and feeling tired more than usual. Life is worth not spending a summer at the lake or poolside in the sun. Life is a gift but sometimes that gift requires some sacrifice. I would much rather give up a few things I like, to spend many more years with the ones I love.

5 comments:

  1. Well spoken Leigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman!!!
    Love and prayers
    Donna R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! I hate that day finally came. That had to be a hard thing to do. You are very brave and are showing wisdom You keep saying things that help me instead of me saying something that should help you. Love, Lawrie

    ReplyDelete