Monday, July 27, 2009

Changes

I met with my doctor on Thursday. Our main topic of conversation was the headaches that I have been having after treatments. He has decided to change one of the pre-meds I am given before chemo. I will now take two different medicines in pill form that he swears is the equivalent of the IV drug I normally take. This makes me totally nervous!!! I told the doctor several times that I would much rather have a headache than to throw up. He reassured me that he understood and this should do the trick for both!! With that being said we are praying he knows his stuff(which I feel he does), keeping our fingers crossed and anything else that might bring positive outcomes. I am more uptight with this upcoming treatment due to the thought of cumulative side effects. Things have been fairly easy so far and the thought of actually living all the horror stories you hear makes one nervous. I know there isn't anything that I can do about it and worrying doesn't help, but it's always in the back of my mind. I will go in for treatment tomorrow with the attitude that all will be good and the knowledge that God will get me through whatever is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment