Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh My Head

I thought that the few days following treatment would be like they were last time, I would sleep and feel a little crappy, but was I wrong. I can honestly say that I have never had a headache like I had Friday. Many of you who know me, know that I have migraine headaches occasionally. The headache that I had Friday beat any headache I have ever had in my life. I was taking medicine every 4 hours for pain and another med for nausea, of which I couldn't decide if I was sick because of the headache, the medicine on an empty stomach or just the chemo. I couldn't stand to see light, talk on the phone or even look at my phone to send a text. The sound of the TV, anyone talking, or even the sound of someone walking across the floor was more than I could stand. Thankfully, when I woke up this morning the headache has eased somewhat and I was even able to work for a few hours. The good doctor and I are going to have to have a discussion about this headache issue. If it is going to get progressively worse with each treatment, we are going to have to figure something out. I just hope the worst is over for this treatment and I can get back to a little normal around here.

2 comments:

  1. I know how debilitating those headaches are for you. Bless your heart. Hopefully your doctor can fix it before your next treatment. Praying for you daily. Lots of Love
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, I just want you to know that I love you and am praying for you.
    delbra

    ReplyDelete