Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunshine

Thank goodness the sun is out today, it makes a great mood booster!! I am doing really good today. I can tell that I did quite a bit of moving around yesterday, I am really sore today but I am not taking anything for it. (At least not yet) Yesterday was both a good day and a rough day. As I posted yesterday, I found out that the cancer was in a couple of nodes and chemo is a sure thing, what I left out is that we had a serious communication gap in our house. Here is what happened. I went in for surgery-that would be the last thing I remember until Friday late morning. The gap occurred when I apparently ask the doctor questions and seemed awake and back to semi-normal late Thursday. I wasn't, I was still basically out of it. This time period is when the doc told me about the nodes, the future treatment and so forth. I did not remember anything or know anything until I received a couple of phone calls and an email yesterday about when I would talk to docs about pathology and such. I finally ask my family what these people were talking about and that is when we realized that I didn't remember any of the conversations that happened post surgery. It was like finding out all over again that I had breast cancer. I cried most of the morning, I got mad that the roughest of it was not behind me yet, and then I came to the realization that I can not change what is happening now or what is going to happen in the future and I think that for now I am cool with that. This has been a definite lesson learned. So if yesterdays post didn't make sense or sound complete, hopefully this will explain why. But today is a new day and I am feeling better every day. Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes!

6 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful and amazing young lady!
    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting and waiting for a post from you. I did not want to call, because I didn't figure you were up to many calls yet. I did talk to M on Friday night. God is still God, and your friends are still praying. Please keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, please call me when you are up to it. I want to come by and do somethings for you. Run to wally world or whatever you need. I am here for you anytime...Love ya sissy!!! Carol V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could do something to make this easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness.

    MiMi PJ

    ReplyDelete