Thursday, May 21, 2009

Check Up

I went back to the doctor today for my 1 week check up. I went in hoping that my doc would take out all 3 of these drains (they are draining the life out of me). She took 2 of the 3, and to tell you the truth it made all the difference in the world. The last drain will stay in a few extra days just to make sure all is good. It is so much easier to get out and go somewhere and even just get around. I totally took advantage of getting out of the house. I made Shawn take me to eat, Academy, the bank and we couldn't leave out a trip to Walmart. I don't feel like I am tied up in plastic tubing. The doctor was very pleased with the way I am healing, getting around and overall progress. She is going to give me 3 or so weeks to heal from this and then we decided that it will be radiation first and then chemo. I don't know the specifics on how many treatments of each I will have to have, but we figured we would give this everything we've got to make sure that it is gone for good. Why take the chance of this coming back later and having to go through all/most of this again a few years down the road. I am ok with this theory. At the end of this process I will have been through so much, but I want to do everything in my power to make sure that it is the end of the process. I want the peace of mind that I am totally cancer free and I have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at this deal. We are off to Muskogee tomorrow to watch M play ball--Go STARS!!!! Time to get back to our crazy schedule!!

4 comments:

  1. Sooo glad you are getting out and feeling better. You have been on my mind a lot lately, and in my prayers. Let us know when you want some TGI's for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to get an update on your progress. Please take care of yourself. Many prayers are still coming your way, and I'm sure you can sense the presence of the Lord because of them.

    MiMi PJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, I am a friend of your mom's and want you to know I am following your blog with love, thoughts, and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been praying for you daily, girl. I'm so glad you are out and getting around! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete