Monday, May 18, 2009

I Survived!!

Well, I'm alive. I have survived the surgery, not having a ton of fun post-op, but I am home and dealing with the "aftermath". It has been a sore last few days. I am finally getting some ability to lift my arms above my head (kind of), I can't lift much more than a coffee cup, but totally taking advantage of my husband doing all the stuff around the house. He has been amazing--he waits on me hand and foot, I don't have to ask for anything. I can't imagine that when we met 21 years ago that we would be in this place today, but I couldn't have ask God for anyone better. I don't know a whole lot but here is what I do know. I know that there was cancer in a couple of the lymph nodes-so they took most if not all from under my right arm. This means that I will have to learn to do a lot with my left hand and be careful with my right from now on. I know that I will have to have chemo. Since the lymph nodes were positive-- it isn't an option. That part of the news really set my mood back but I just have to think that better safe than sorry. No need to take any chances. This is totally something that I will recover from and I will listen to the doctors that know how to make that happen. That is about the extent of what I know at this time, I should learn more Thursday at my next doctors appointment.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see a new post from you! I have been thinking of you and praying for you every day. Keep hanging in there. Get lots of rest and let your hubby wait on you hand and foot;)

    Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you a lot too. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, but sorry that you are going to have to have chemo anyway. I know that was the one thing that was going to really make you mad about this whole thing. But you're right, you have to do what you have to do. Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, I have been hoping you would post a comment today. You have been on my mind. I am so glad your sweet hubby is taking care of you. Sorry you have to take chemo. But better safe...You will get stronger every day. I promise. Love you
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you...and wondering how you're doing. Isn't it great to have an awesome husband! You met him 21 years ago? How is that possible - were you like 6?

    ReplyDelete