Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Here Goes Nothing

It is the night before surgery, the house is clean (I use that term loosely), I have tanned, the nails are done and the bags are packed, I guess I am as ready as one can be-so here goes nothing. I am not as nervous as I thought I would be. I have no idea what to expect once I wake up after surgery, but I am determined to look at the long term goals.
1. I will be cancer free when this process is over.
2. I will have boobs again.
3. I will be a changed person and hopefully a better one.
These 3 simple things are enough of to focus on for now. I know that God has a plan for me, He is in control and I am not. I know that he has promised to be with me always and everywhere. I am good with just knowing these things. So between what I know and what I am looking ahead to, I am truly ok.

8 comments:

  1. You are a very smart young lady. God is in control and will take care of you no matter what. When we keep our thoughts on God, then we have no worries. I will be praying for you.
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you!
    Emily (Little) Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you!

    Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh, our family are praying for you!!
    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you and praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to know God is in control, this will give you peace. When that gets a little hard and you get little scared, ask Him to put you under His wing where you are safe for now. I do and I feel His mercy and find the strength I need again. love, cynde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you! Praying for you!
    Love you!!!
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete