Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lets Play Ball

I took my first post surgery road trip this weekend. We went all the way to Muskogee,OK. I know it doesn't sound far, but let me tell you I felt every pot hole, speed bump and crack in the road. It wasn't that bad but it sure makes a 1 1/2 hr trip seem alot longer. M played softball there this weekend and I just couldn't stand the thought of not watching her play. It seems like forever since I got to see the STARS. We had a good tournament and a long couple of days but it felt so good to get out, be around people, and breathe some fresh air. I wondered how I would react to be around a lot of people. What would their reactions be, would they stare, would I feel like everyone was looking at me differently??? Surprisingly I never felt uncomfortable. I talked to people I knew about the surgery, we all compared "war stories" about hospital stays and I felt like it was just another day at the ball park. So I must say a big "thanks" and "I love you guys" to the Stars family for making my first outing so easy and comfortable. I am truly blessed to have such a great bunch of friends!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, You are awsome! I was so proud of how well you were yesterday after the 99 trips to the car.Lol! The Stars family loves you as much as you love us!!! We are all blessed to have each other. I just wanted you to know I'm very happy to see you are doing so well and in such good spirits! I'll see you tomorrow night. GO STARS!!!!!! Codi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you felt good enough to go! If there's anything that's good for your spirit, it's softball! You've got dinners coming Wednesday and Friday of this week, then we can extend it for longer if you want. I had a TON of volunteers- more than we've even used so far. :)

    ReplyDelete