Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lessons Learn(ed/ing)

It has been 3 weeks today since this journey began, and I have learned so much in such a short time and I know that there are many more lessons to be had. I have learned that we do not know what tomorrow holds. And I'm not in control of it anyway. I have learned that there are so many people around me that care, many that I see or talk to on a regular basis and many that I may not have seen or talked to in a long time. I am truly blessed with very supportive family and friends. I realize every day how this "Rain" does not just change my life but the lives of those around me, as well. It is very hard to know what to say or how to act around someone that is dealing with a life changing situation. In the last 3 weeks, I have realized that it doesn't matter "what" you say or do, there will be times that nothing anyone says makes you happy and times that it is just the fact that someone made the effort to comfort you and ask about how you are that makes the day easier to face. I know that I will be a better person when this is all said and done, but for now it is one day at a time-one lesson at a time.

4 comments:

  1. You are in mine and Eddie's prayers. I can hear your strength & peace through your writing.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, Your strength shows more and more every day. I read this blog and I think wow she is so strong! I admire you for that. Keep on sister! We are right behind you! Your in our prayers! Lets go get em Sat. GO STARS!!!! Codi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me and my lack of knowledge of lots of choruses----thanks to you I now love The Rain. Remember---the sunshine comes after the rain, Leigh.

    love ya,

    ReplyDelete