Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Livin' on the Edge!

I don't think I realized until last night, just how close to the "edge" I am. I just nearly had a meltdown in Walmart yesterday afternoon. The deal was I went to Walmart to pick up a couple of items I had forgotten and a prescription. The lady at the pharmacy couldn't find where my doctor had called it in, so I called my docs office and talked to the receptionist-God love her for having to answer that call. She told me that my doc was out of the office and she would try to get someone to look at it and let me know something. This is where the meltdown began. It wasn't that the prescription wasn't called in, or that my doc was out of the office, it was the fact that I might not get any sleep without this medicine. I have always been a person who needed a lot of sleep and this issue that I'm dealing with is defiantly cutting into my sleep. So, I informed the receptionist of my current issues and how I can not deal with anything else at the moment and I needed someone to figure this out and quickly. Then we got off the phone and I realized that I had just had that conversation in the main isle of Walmart. I wasn't loud, I was on the verge of tears and it was absolutely no one's fault-no one to be angry at, no one to blame. Just me about to go over the edge! Thank goodness for God's timing-he ended the call in His time, the nurse called me back and we fixed the problem-in His time. He did not let me go over the edge and lose it in the store, He is in total control, and for that I am thankful! God knows what I need and when I need it and the great part of that is--He provides it!!

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I just found your blogspot via Tara Fagala. We are so sorry to hear what you are dealing with. But I can tell by your writings that your Saviour is sustaining you. (Gotta go download "The Rain"----I still know more hymns than praise choruses---but I am learning:) )
    Leigh, Gary and I will keep you in our prayers----and your family. I will call your mama.

    I love you, Leigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you!! I'm so glad you're doing this, because I feel bad asking you on Sundays what's going on with you, as I'm sure you hear it all the time. Thank you for sharing all of this with us so we call follow along, and be supportive and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete