Monday, April 27, 2009

Just What I Needed!

This weekend was just what I needed, especially after such an exhausting week. M played ball all day Saturday, so I spent the entire day with good friends and watching great softball!! The ball field is one place that I don't have to think about what is going on with me. Its not that I am in denial, it is just a place I can take a break from the medical terms, appointment dates and thinking about the next few months. All I have to think about out there is avoiding getting hit with the softball coming at me at 100mph (which by the way, I did not manage to do on one occasion--the arm is killing me this morning). Then on Sunday I went to church. It is so weird to sit and listen to my "little" brother preach and feel like he is talking only to me. His sermon was on fear and God's peace, 2 things I have been dealing with a lot lately. I have great fear of the unknown and the not having any control over it, and yet that is what is suppose to give me the greatest peace is knowing that God is in control and not me. And when you think about it, it does. Thank goodness I'm not in control--this isn't exactly my specialty. Oh and by the way, for those of you reading that heard my brother's sermon yesterday, the story he told about the busted chin did not really happen exactly the way he said. His memory is failing him as he gets older!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, they all stretch the stories a little, don't they? Matt does it too, and I always want to defend myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leigh,
    I just want you to know that me and my family will be praying for you. God is good all the time and He will bring you through this!!!

    Melissa Lee Southerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh,
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there. Melissa is right, God is good and He will carry you through this.

    Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother has spoken just to me a lot in his sermons lately also. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you.
    And I have learned a break down every once in a while is actually pretty good for me. I get the frustration and anger out and I have learned that I can get to my car pretty fast before the meltdown starts.

    ReplyDelete