Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gearing Up

I have so enjoyed this break of no treatments and it is so hard to get back into the mindset of starting it all up again. I know I am in the home stretch but still, I have felt better these last couple of weeks than I have in a long time. I am not ready for how time consuming these next 12 weeks are going to be. I met with the radiation oncologist this morning and they marked me up and I have to go back on Tuesday to lay on the treatment table and make sure all of their calculations are correct and then start radiation on Wednesday. That will be everyday for 6, yes count them, 6 weeks, while at the same time doing a 2 1/2 -3 hr chemo session once a week. I am afraid I am going to have to schedule my bathroom breaks just to make sure I have the time. Radiation should be over the 21st of October and chemo should be done the 1st of December. If you don't think there will be a party at the end of all that, then you don't know me very well. I can honestly say, I have never looked more forward to any date in my life than December 1, 2009. Please pray that everything stays on schedule!!

5 comments:

  1. Leigh,
    I will be praying for sure! I pray your treatments are 100% successful with minimal side effects:) Keep on keeping on!

    Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you. I pray for strength, good moods, and love from those close to you. We love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my birthday this year will be a dang blast!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you!! Stay strong as I know you will. Much Love
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete