Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off We Go Again!!

I have started what I call "Round 2" of treatment. On Tuesday I had my first chemo treatment of the new drug and on Wednesday I had my first radiation treatment. Tuesday was a long day, they have to run the chemo very slowly the first time to make sure you do not have a reaction to the drug or its mixture so that took 4 hours. From chemo we went directly to the radiation doctor so they could check their markings and calculations to be ready for Wednesday's treatment. On the bright side of things I did not have a reaction to the chemo and I did not get sick from it either. It was pretty non eventful (that's not a bad thing either). So from now until October 20th or so, I will go everyday @ 3:20pm for my radiation and next Tuesday my chemo should only take 2 1/2 hrs instead of the 4 hrs, since I didn't have a reaction to the initial one. To say the least these last 12 weeks will be very time consuming, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am thankful to be feeling well and to be on the down hill side of this thing!!

3 comments:

  1. We are on the down hill side for sure! You look great! I cannot wait for you to be able to go do the things you love to do, Lake for sure next summer!!! Love ya sissy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...you look beautiful. And...you sure have a sweet daughter. She hugged me at church last week. And, I happened to need a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, You are quite a trooper. People just do not understand the cancer journey. God bless you and your family.

    MiMi PJ

    ReplyDelete