Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Try Again

Its the weekly Tuesday update. I had blood work today and all came back fine. The doctor and nurse got together to discuss a med change for my next treatment that will hopefully not give me a headache and take care of the nausea. We are going to try a medicine that is suppose to be the "wonder drug" for this, it would normally cost around $500 for 3 pills, but thank goodness my insurance is being so good about things that my co-pay is $25 and insurance will pick up the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't ask for better news. It is such an attitude booster to hear that there is a medicine that should take care of my side effects and I won't have to auction off my first born to pay for it (haha). I feel like I have finally caught a break, I don't know if the new med will work but I have hope and that is more than half the battle. I don't dread this upcoming treatment like I dreaded the last. I think the fact that this upcoming treatment is the last of this kind and a new med may help the side effects, makes my mood and attitude so much better!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your good news. God will truly bless you and provide for you when you lay all your faith in him. I will keep praying for you.
    Love you,
    LaNell & Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for good news on your next treatment for the nausea and headache. So Praise God for the wonderful news. Praying for you everyday!!
    Love ya
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish to praise God for your good news and look forward to the next posting. Just know thoughts and prayers are with you from me. Give my love to your mom.

    ReplyDelete