Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Break

I am in what they call the "month off" time. Now as far as I can tell, there are only 2 differences between this treatment and the next. One is the drug-the worst is behind me (or so I'm told) and two is that I get an extra week between treatments. So this whole you get a month off stuff, is just trying to make you think your getting a vacation. Truth be told I have more doctors appointments and blood checks during my "month off" than if things were running on the previous schedule. I did have my blood counts checked yesterday-that was an ordeal. I got to the lab at 9am, sat there until 10:10am, had to leave because I had a doctors appointment across the street at 10:15am. Sat there until 11:30am when I saw the doctor and then went back to the lab to get my blood drawn, waited for the results and finally left at 12:30pm or so. This normally would have been no big deal to me, except the smell of doctors offices now makes me sick. So you can only imagine after sitting in one for 3 1/2 hours just how nauseous I was. Needless to say I went home and laid down all afternoon. My counts were within normal limits for where I am in treatment-always a good sign. I meet with the radiation doc on the 10th and we will get that started, I meet with my regular oncologist on the 8th to talk about the next chemo drug and that should start the 15th. As of the 15th, there will be 12 weeks left of this miserable journey!! (If it all stays on schedule) I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pray that I don't lose my sanity between now and then, pray that everything stays on schedule and pray for little (preferably no) side effects from the next round of treatment.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new wallpaper!!!
    You are right! the worst is behind you!
    My prayers are with you
    Donna R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve this break. The worst part is over. Still in my prayers. Love you sister!!
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will continue to do as you ask....Pray.

    ReplyDelete