Wednesday, August 19, 2009

4th and final

Well I can say thus far that I am surviving this last "nasty" treatment. I have slept alot today, but have not had a headache and very little nausea. Just short waves that go away quickly-I refer to them as just reminders that I have had treatment and keeps me from trying to do to much too quick. The new medicine seems to work -PRAISE GOD!!!!! I am not sure I would have survived feeling like I had the last couple of treatments.
So the newest plan is to have the usual shot on Thursday gotta love the Nuelasta (blood count builder). Then the weekly blood counts-I swear if they keep this up through Dec I may not have any blood left to give. I have an appointment on Sept 1 with the radiation doctor to get that 5-6 week process started. My doctor says that the next round of treatments as well as radiation should probably start around Sept. 15. I then have an appointment with my gynecologist on the 8th to discuss having the much needed and wanted for that matter hysterectomy the last couple of weeks of December. My view on all of this is to keep the ball rolling-the more I can get done and the less I have to drag this out the better. Then all I will have to deal with next year is reconstruction and a new hair do.
So overall with this treatment so far so good. Just keep the prayers coming and the fingers crossed!! Love you all very much!

2 comments:

  1. I love your outlook and attitude lady!! You're quite the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leigh!
    I didn't know you had a blog. I just saw it on Kevin's facebook. Where have I been?
    So, I've caught up with where you are and what you are going through.
    I am praying for you. You are an example to me and so many others.

    ReplyDelete