Thursday, December 3, 2009

Goodbye Chemo!!

I am officially done with chemo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are some of the sweetest words I thought I might not ever hear. It is hard to believe that I am finished with all my chemo treatments. It sounded like I would be taking them forever when I first started. I am so ready for my vision to return to normal (a side effect of the steroids given with chemo), I am ready for this port to be taken out (dec 21st) and I am ready to begin the healing process. I am physically and emotionally drained from this past year and I am so looking forward to 2010 and putting life back together and back to normal. I am looking forward to spending time with my family, not sitting on the sidelines and watching life but getting in there and being a part of it. I am ready to see what comes next and know that I am stronger for what has been.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I think you are such an amazing woman and friend! I'm happy for you that this phase is over. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your courage and determination through this has been a blessing to watch.. God bless and lead you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete