Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Did I Happen to Mention?

Did I happen to mention that I don't have to go to treatment today? It is so strange to be in the office on a Tuesday. It has been 6 months since I have listened to the girls discuss what realtors open house they are going to go have lunch. (mostly based on what is being served where) It seems like forever since I didn't have to arrange to be dropped off or picked up or sat with on a Tuesday. My sweet hubby called me this morning and said "just in case you forgot you don't have chemo today" as if in my house we would ever forget that. He thought he was so funny-and it was. It is only now that I look back and see just how consumed our lives have been by all of this. As I was going through treatment, I rationalized it by saying its only Tuesdays or its only 6 months or 6 weeks but in all reality it was everyday all day long. This is a strange transition time, you go from everyday all day doing something to get rid of or keep from getting cancer to nothing all of the sudden. It makes you feel like you have been dropped like a hot potato. I can't wrap my mind around it taking up so much time to taking up so little-and all of the sudden. Don't get me wrong I don't miss it or want to go back in time, but it almost feels like I am forgetting something.

1 comment:

  1. You enjoy this time. You need to take a deep breath and relax. You have been to hades and back these last six months. I am so glad you are done with your treatments. Love ya
    Carol V.

    ReplyDelete