Thursday, March 10, 2011

A New Boob!!

So I went to the plastics doc on Tuesday. I had really enjoyed the last few weeks of no doctors appointments but oh well, we gotta finish sometime. So the next surgery is scheduled April 7th. This will be a short and simple deal. He is going to remove the tissue expander on the left side and replace it with an implant!! He has decided not to do anything with the right side this time, that surgery will be more invasive and he says one's body can only handle so much at one time. I won't have to stay overnight and that is good, I much prefer my own bed. He had been to a conference on breast cancer and was on fire about new things to help with the reconstruction and healing from surgeries. I compare it to a "revival" for surgeons! Those of you who grew up going to church know what I mean, after a good revival one tends to be pretty fired up!
I have been talking to a woman recently diagnosed with breast cancer, though a different type than mine, still a similar process. It has made me go back and think about the emotions that I went through. Remembering the uncertainty of it all, asking yourself if your doing the right thing, and just wanting it to hurry up and all be over. I am thankful for where I am today, grateful for the journey that brought me here and hopeful in where God is taking me.

1 comment: